Elizabeth and Thomas Kirby Scholarship
The 2022 Kirby Scholarship application is now closed.
The 2023 form will open in April 2023.
Elizabeth Kirby, Beverly Elementary's founding principal, funds this scholarship in memory of her son, Thomas B. Kirby, who passed away in 2017 at the age of 44. Before his illness and passing, Thomas visited Beverly a couple times a year and was beloved by staff and students alike. Ms. Kirby knows he would find joy in helping fulfill the educational dreams of former Beverly Bobcats.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT WILL NOT BE A MAJOR FACTOR IN AWARDING THIS SCHOLARSHIP, BUT RATHER THE STUDENT'S RESILIENCE AND COMMITMENT TO EDUCATION.
Applicants must meet the following guidelines for consideration:
- Applicant must have attended Beverly for at least 4 of their 6 elementary years.
- Applicant must have GPA of 2.5 or better (applicant to provide original or copy of senior year/current transcript with application)
- Please get started on this with your school guidance counselor as soon as possible. Guidance counselors have been able to send password-required digital transcripts to us in past years.
- Applicant must plan on attending a 2- or 4-year college, vocational or technical school this fall.
- Applicant must provide 2 letters of recommendation from non-relatives (one must be from a current or former teacher).
- Please make sure the recommenders clearly address your resilience and how you value your education.
- Recommendations should NOT be recycled letters from other scholarship applications, college applications, etc.
- Applicant must provide a one- to two-page essay about the value of education in their lives and how have they demonstrated resilience, especially in their education.
Again, please fill out this form to attach documents.
Teachers/non-relatives sending recommendations and schools sending transcripts should email email@example.com directly with student applicant name in subject line.
Applicants who meet all the criteria will have their submitted materials assessed via a rubric and the winner will be chosen by the Beverly PTA Elizabeth and Thomas Kirby Scholarship Committee. The winner will be announced at the Senior Reception on May 19, 4:30 p.m., at Beverly Elementary. If the winner is not present, they will be contacted via email.