WATCH D.O.G.S. (Dads Of Great Students) ® Program
What are the goals of the WATCH D.O.G.S. program?
- To provide positive male role models for the students, demonstrating by their presence that education is important.
- To provide extra sets of eyes and ears to enhance school security and reduce bullying.
Who are WatchDOGS?
As a Hero of the Hallways, WatchDOGS are fathers, grandfathers, uncles, and other father figures who volunteer for at least one day each school year at an official WATCH D.O.G.S. school.
What do WatchDOGS do while they are at school?
- Follow your personalized Daily Schedule
- Always wear your WD uniform t-shirt while you are on WD duty
- Stop by the office if you have any questions throughout the day
- Be approachable – smile, talk to the students, listen to them
- Be smart – follow the school’s policy on appropriate conduct and behavior with the students and faculty
- Be alert – if a situation arises, please report it to a school official starting with the principal (if available, utilize Walkie Talkie)
- Be available – the goal is to be of service to the school, teacher and students
- Be a positive role model – as a WatchDOG volunteer, place a check next to each box you have read and agree to uphold:
WatchDOGS code of conduct
- Never use the student (boys’ or girls’) restrooms
- Always use the faculty/staff restrooms.
- Never be alone with students
- Follow school’s confidentiality policy in regard to students and staff.
- Always be visible to others
- Do not be disruptive when classes are in session
- Do not use profanity
- Do not use any form of tobacco on the school grounds
- Do not share religious or political views
- Limit personal use of cell phones and similar devices
- Never engage in any conduct that brings disrespect to yourself or your student(s) the School and/or the WATCH D.O.G.S.® Program and other volunteering men.
This is what you need to do before your Watch Dog shift:
- Complete a Plano ISD background check. (It can take up to two weeks.)
- Order your Watch D.O.G.S. shirt from the D.O.G.S. Store.
2018/2019 Beverly Watch Dogs
If you have questions, please contact Bret at email@example.com
- Monday, January 20
- Tuesday, January 21
- Wednesday, January 22
- Thursday, January 23
- Friday, January 24
- Tuesday, January 28
- Thursday, January 30
- Wednesday, February 5
- Sunday, February 9
- Tuesday, February 11
- Thursday, February 13
- Friday, February 14
- Monday, February 17